- NHL fines Sharks 0K for GM's comments
The NHL fined the San Jose Sharks 0,000 on Saturday for general manager Doug Wilson's comments criticizing the league for forward Raffi Torres' suspension for the rest of the second round of the playoffs.
- Oxbow wins Preakness; Orb finishes fourth
Oxbow has won the Preakness, ruining Orb's bid to capture the Triple Crown.
- Driver/owner Carpenter wins Indy 500 pole
Ed Carpenter knew he was capable of another fast run, and it earned him the pole for the Indianapolis 500.
- Pacers' Hill gets start in Game 6 vs. Knicks
Indiana Pacers guard George Hill has been cleared to play Saturday night against the New York Knicks in Game 6 of the Eastern Conference semifinal series.
- Sens' Spezza to return Sunday against Pens
The Ottawa Senators' top center, Jason Spezza, will return to the team's lineup in Game 3 of their second-round NHL playoff series against the Pittsburgh Penguins on Sunday evening after missing most of the season with a back injury.
- Report: Coach K considering Team USA return
Mike Krzyzewski is in discussions to return as U.S. Olympic basketball coach through the Rio 2016 Olympics, according to SI.com.
- Red Wings blitz Blackhawks to even series
Damien Brunner and Brendan Smith scored in the second period and the Detroit Red Wings beat the Chicago Blackhawks 4-1 Saturday in Game 2 to even their Western Conference semifinal series.
- Switzerland stuns Team USA at hockey worlds
Reto Berra made 29 saves, and Nino Niederreiter, Julian Walker and Reto Suri scored to help Switzerland beat the United States 3-0 on Saturday in the world hockey semifinals.
- Serena extends streak, reaches Italian final
A week out from the French Open, Serena Williams is only one victory away from winning her fourth consecutive title this year.
- Huston grabs third X Games gold in Street League
Nyjah Huston won his second consecutive X Games gold medal Saturday in the Street League Skateboarding final, outlasting silver medalist Paul "P-Rod" Rodriguez.